Nu Chapter Trivia
You might not know that:
- Nu Chapter rented a bus to take the chapter to Convention on April 1, 1967
in Beauport (Quebec City) Quebec.
- Five Nu Chapter Presidents have received the Presidentís Citation of
Merit at Convention.
- The pledge class of October 18, 1961 had eighteen members, and they also
took in eighteen members the following year on October 30, 1962.
- The Active dues to National were $2.00 per year in the early 1960ís.
- The first President of Nu Chapter joined the Fraternity on October 7,
- Nu Chapter started the fall of 1963 with 21 active members.
- Nu Chapter has had three alumni to serve on the National Board of the
- Nu Chapter was the first to organize a college hockey team and also built
a skating rink on campus.
- On February 3, 1964, Third Degree was administered to eleven new members
at a local restaurant which was followed by a buffet.
- During the winter of 1963-1964, Nu Chapter took first prize in the snow
sculpture for the third consecutive year and retired the trophy.
- As of April 13, 1964, Treasurer Larry Baker had a balance of $273.43.
- The first Executive Director of the Fraternity is a Nu Chapter Alumni.
- A member of Nu Chapter has served as National Treasurer.